Thursday, September 9, 2010

Take 30 of These and Call Me in the Morning






I had my 36th birthday yesterday, yeah I'm not afraid to say it out loud. Not like those HMB's who stay 29 for 40 years. Although I do think it's funny that I go to the gym and throw my back out on that blessed day. You see, I was going to go for a ride after I finished doing chest and abs but it was drizzly and the roads were probably going to be slick. Wah, wah, wah. I should of gone riding. I ended up staying at the gym and doing the rowing machine, yeah the one in the corner only old ladies use. Well I guess I'm one of them now. I was going to do an easy 20 minutes, but then I remember reading Selene Yeager's (Bicycling Mag) article about how interval training will melt your fat like butter.

My row started off fine, I warmed up, did one minute fast, slowed down for two, and then I started my next fast minute. It lasted 20 seconds. I must of lost my form because I leaned back and felt a pop and then a pain shock, like I got electrocuted. I couldn't help but laugh because it hurt so much, so there I was, crazy old lady laughing away on the rowing machine. I managed to get up and hobble myself out of the gym looking like some sort of undiscovered Gymnasium Neanderthal.


The pain got worse throughout the day and my birthday turned into a suffer-fest. I worked on t-shirt designs but nothing came out like I wanted. Had dinner which consisted of a quesadilla, tortilla chips, and a chocolate covered biscuit. Happy Birthday to me, after that I went to the park to play with the Friends of the Friendless band. And then off to bed with my knees elevated and a stack of Ritz on my chest watching "Did You Hear About the Morgan's?" That lame ass movie with Sarah J. Parker and Hugh Grant who is unfortunately looking his age. I then tossed and turned gingerly all night trying to find the right position which led to a whopping 4 hours of sleep.
Next morning and my back is a little better. I self medicated this morning and took thirty of these after my protein smoothie. Hope to get back on the saddle Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment