Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Looking Down the Road



We'll, first day of September tomorrow.
I have a riding plan for this month. I need to rack up 500 miles for the month of September. Need is maybe not the best word, want, is that better? I realized during the month of July that when I have a goal my riding improves. I know this mileage doesn't sound like a lot but it's the quality not the quantity. It's been mentioned before, and is a well known fact that cyclists are continually looking forward. They are looking down the road, looking toward the next season, or looking forward to obtaining the goal they set for themselves. Hell, I'm looking forward to putting black bar tape on because it means Autumn is coming. Well, I'm happy about that because I am not meant to have white bar tape. I got habitually dirty mitts. I also I don't have a personal mechanic to clean and change it for me like the pros.
So wish me luck. I haven't decided what I'm going to reward myself with at the end of the month though. I guess that's what I have to look forward to and think about while putting in the miles.

I might consider this jacket as a reward, although is it still a reward when you buy it for yourself? Belgian National Cycling Team track Jacket, I think it's sweet looking. Perfect for Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment