Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hello Lover(s)



She will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine.
Just so I can rip that Shimano crap off her.

I was snooping around Velospeak this morning and came across some bikes featured in Pavé, a Barcelona bike shop that looks like it belongs in Gattaca, way too clean. Well, I saw the most beautiful CX bike I ever laid eyes on. Only problem, Campy wheels and ShimaNO components. What were they thinking? I want to rescue her. It's a Pasculli. Maybe you guys are more worldly than I am, but I had never heard of them. I think they're handmade in Italy, don't take my word for it though. If you're curious take a peek, the page is in German and I was too lazy to try and find the magic translator button. There were some words I might of got mixed up in translation, here's a few:

Bekleidung- the poo-dirt your bike's rear tire flings up at your back
Die Radmanufaktur- when you're cussing at a man who is so rad, but you still want him to die
Rahmen- what you will have to eat after paying for shipping
Fahrrader- this bike is by far radder then your Taiwanese carbon delight


There was also a Parlee in the Pavé shop too. I guess there's more than one reason to go to Spain now, before I just wanted to go for the churros and hot chocolate. I have to admit, I have a very weak heart for Parlee's. When we visited Above Category in Mill Valley I saw my dream bike(s). On our way out of the store I was grasping its top tube for dear life while my hubby had my feet trying to pry me away. I swear if I ever win the Lotto or slip on pee in Target I'm gettin me one of them. Or I can work a little harder and save some cash, whatever comes first.

Last but not least, The Bike Snob just went up a few points in my book. Looks like he got himself a custom Ritte. Beautiful bike, I thought it was a Moots at first, don't get me started on those. I won't say what I was doing to the VaMoots bike in Above Category, it's illegal in 23 states.
Hello Lover(s)
@ Above Category
with my naughty little VaMoots in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment