Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Life Giving Bagel




I am back from a week of sugar/carb/alcohol/processed food detox. And I have to admit I felt a hell of a lot better last week then I do this morning. Crappy red wine and pizza for dinner last night. I'm looking for that happy middle-ground of just enough carbs and certain sugars and just proper clean food to feel happy and ride strong. I will say one thing, I may of felt happy and clean but I did not have enough energy last week for riding. A 15 mile ride felt like 40, and weight training at the gym, ugh, I felt like Pee Wee Herman when he's trying to lift his 3lb dumbbells. Carbs are necessary for living I learned that much. Long live the bagel.
From sawdust comes-
The BOOGEY-FISH! handplane
Since I wasn't riding as long and at the gym that much I found other things to occupy my mind and hands. Made it to the beach, I made a new handplane, painted a little picture of Mt Ventoux, and came up with some new t-shirt designs. All can be found on my Etsy shop. I'm not trying to push anybody into buying stuff I'm just sharing what I did last week.


I found this look-a-like this morning. The Fit-Chick Selene Yeager from Bicycling magazine and Tinker Juarez, world famous mountain biker. Kind of eerie huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment