Monday, November 29, 2010

Mondays Bite





This is the second time I've written this blog because it didn't save the first time. So now its going to be a bit shorter and more to the point because I can't remember what I wrote. I did go to Vegas for Thanksgiving, first time not having a traditional dinner, probably last time. Wish Interbike was still there. We stayed at the Wynn and lo and behold I found a Wynn cycling kit. I wondered to myself who would wear it. I picture chubby pro poker players riding around on their $10,000 custom rigs around the urban desert sprawl.

Got some good stuff to pass on to anyone who happens upon this blog. First one up is Bahlsen German cookies (or biscuits if you choose) with chocolate cream in the middle. I think they would be good on a long ride, right along the 40 mile mark. Delicious treats that remind me of the goodies my German aunt would give me for Christmas. She introduced me to Haribo gummy bears when I was a wee little chubby girl. These cookies have caused me grief the past few days along with Trader Joe's almond and toffee bits covered with dark chocolate. I thought it would be good for me, almonds and dark chocolate and all. Well I overdid it on the sugar front once again so I'm cleaning my temple starting tomorrow. That's why I didn't ride this morning, I felt like poo. My sugar binge looked like a scene out of Fantastic Mr. Fox when they're eating the squabs or the cookies in the kitchen. Best movie, check it out if you haven't yet. Check out the 20 second mark.


I decided to order the free FRS sample pack, all I had to do was pay $3.95 in shipping. So I got free powder for a week and a free pack of chews. Good deal. I love their stuff in the first place, I believe it helps keep colds at bay, it boosts your immunity system. At least that's what they tell me.

A thought to ponder. I was running errands today and I got pissed at all the riders out there today, so many of them. Where were they last week when it was overcast and freezing and misting? Fair-weather douche-bags I reckon. That's kind of harsh, I shouldn't get angry over other riders enjoying themselves. It's like being in elementary school and everybody gets to go to recess and you have to stay in and take a quiz. All I can do is think 'they will never know the joy of riding in crap.' And I kind of feel a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment