Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cheerio Ol' Chap

I've always been a bit of an anglo-phile. It started with Mary Poppins and Bed-knobs and Broomsticks and later on in life it was Hugh Grant and David Beckham. Now that I'm older my anglo-philism has transferred to cycling. I also enjoy a good scone and decent cup of tea. So it is with great pleasure that I present my dream Brit-bike. Not the lightest, but probably the sweetest looking and just a all around classic bike. No snot rockets lobbed from this bike, that's for sure, I'd carry a handkerchief in my brassiere.

I've been looking at Condor bikes for awhile and the Classico keeps dragging my attention back. I like the classic lines and the colors they chose blow my mind. To keep it classic I of course would choose a Brooks Swift, but with Titanium rails, to save what weight I could. And to bring a little Italian to the mix, Campy Athena 11 in aluminum.


No comments:

Post a Comment